Global Synthetic Ice
Global Synthetic Ice began in 1999 as Florida Skating Inc. Due to increasing sales around the world, the company became Global Synthetic Ice in 2008. Founded by leading synthetic ice expert Perry Boskus, the focus of the company has always been to make its primary product, Super-Glide® synthetic ice, the global standard for synthetic ice.
Super-Glide® synthetic ice is a high-tech skating surface created by skaters for skaters to offer the ultimate “skate-like ice” experience. More than 5 million public skaters know the real sensation of Super-Glide® synthetic ice on more than 400 skating facilities worldwide.
Global Synthetic Ice is also proud of all of the following accomplishments:
- Operated the first successful commercial synthetic ice rink (Miami, Florida), effectively starting the modern synthetic ice industry in 2000.
- Introduced 9 major synthetic ice improvements to lead the industry.
- First to bring skating to Guatemala and many other countries.
- Built the first full size synthetic ice rink used for Hockey (Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada)
- Built the first synthetic ice NHL rink with all hockey markings and goalie creases at Archie Simpson Arena (Fort Chipewyan, Alberta, Canada)
- Super-Glide is a registered Trade Mark in many countries around the world.
- Granted U.S. Patents for many synthetic ice innovations, including our assembly method, hockey lines, goalie creases, and goal net holding device.
Global Synthetic Ice is dedicated to making the finest synthetic ice skating products available around the world, including creation, distribution and installation of rinks for hockey and figure skaters of all ages and experience levels. Full support for distributors and customers is available on our new Web site, GlobalSyntheticIce.com. Unlike competitors, president Perry Boskus and Global Synthetic Ice possess more than 35 years' experience operating successful skating facilities. Our wealth of knowledge about the performance and longevity of synthetic ice is unsurpassed in the industry.
Perry Boskus - Owner of Global Synthetic Ice
"We stand behind our product with a strong warrantee and continuing support. We're always available to our clients for advice and suggestions, or to answer questions that may arise even long after the purchase. We don't just sell you a product. We sell you an incredible skating surface, a viable business concept, and long term support to guarantee your facility’s success."
- Perry Boskus
More about the history and future of synthetic ice...
More about Perry Boskus...